- stores temporary cookies that are removed when you close the browser window, such as a user session identifier; uses Google Analytics for analysing visitor trends and tracking the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- stores cookies (yes/no) for remembering what things have been turned off/closed;
- stores cookies for improving the usability of engaging aspects such as the chat room or forum (in particular, auto-saving of partly typed posts);
- stores other kinds of cookie that are mentioned before they are set;
- logs basic information pertaining to your computer including your IP address, web browser name, and operating system;
- assigns your location (latitude and longitude) based on your IP to your account profile. We will use this information to provide our members with information relating to other members in their area. You may remove this information by editing your account profile to remove the latitude and longitude information;
- stores other information that you explicitly enter, such as your account information, or forum posts;
- if you are logged in, your member profile will update the publicly displayed time that you last visited (which will also be stored in a cookie), and you will show as online (unless you login as invisible).
We will not share private details other than what can be seen in the forum profile and public postings unless legally required to do so.
The staff reserve the right to read any personal topics and posts placed on this website. Any form of conversation made through this website should be considered viewable by staff. All private-posts and posts, whether 'deleted' or not, are stored on the server and may be reviewed if we feel we have cause for an investigation. If you do want to keep something private, do not use our services for transmitting it. Situations involving investigations can be anything at our discretion, for example, to investigate specific incidents of our services being used for racism or harassment.
Privacy settingsLogged in members may choose which fields display publicly.
Spam checkingFor the purpose of reducing spam:
- Your IP address, e-mail address, and username, may be checked against the Stop Forum Spam web service, which involves these details being transmitted within a service request.
- Your IP address may be checked against multiple block lists, which involves these details being transmitted within a service request.